You can move around with your keyboard
Drop pin on the map to start a new report
Press space again to adjust the location
Start new report here Reposition report here
Back to all reports

Faded yellow lines

Reported via desktop in the Road Markings - Worn/Faded category anonymously at 13:23, Fri 2 June 2023 using FixMyStreet Pro

Sent to Northamptonshire Highways less than a minute later. FixMyStreet ref: 4623464.

While most of the yellow lines have been repainted there is a car that has been parked on the road for months that was painted around. White Jaguar which is taxed and insured but hasn't been moved for 3 months reg OE11 EVY. Vehicles are still parking on the lines and on the verges causing obstruction to large vehicles and blocking the view

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for reporting a fault. Officers will now investigate the concerns and this may take up to 5 working days. If you believe that your concerns are urgent then please phone us.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Northamptonshire Highways at 13:23, Fri 2 June 2023

  • Investigation: Completed (No Action Necessary) - Unfortunately, in terms of highway law there is very little that can be done to tackle the issues of verge/footway parking. It is not an offence in law to park a motor vehicle, other than a heavy goods vehicle, (HGV), on a verge/footway unless it causes an obstruction or a Traffic Regulation Order, (TRO), or byelaw is in force prohibiting it. Where vehicles are parking on or adjacent to restrictions then these can be reported to North Northants Enforcement Team whom you can ask to visit the location to check compliance when they are next in the vicinity at . Parking on a verge or footway would be a criminal offence if there is clear evidence of wilful obstruction or causing a danger or obstruction to persons or property and where it is deemed not possible for drivers to safely manoeuvre, pedestrians to pass unhindered along the footway or that access to public or private property is impeded. This can then involve local police intervention through their Safer Communities Team by calling the non-emergency number 101 or by following the link on the Northamptonshire Police website. Where the vehicle is abandoned, this also falls outside of the councils remit and details on how to report are outlined here - to report an abandoned vehicle please directly contact:

    State changed to: No further action

    Posted by Northamptonshire Highways at 11:23, Wed 7 June 2023

This report is now closed to updates from the public. You can make a new report in the same location.