Back to all reports

Yellow lines extension

Reported in the Car parking category anonymously at 14:52, Tue 21 January 2014

Sent to South Oxfordshire District Council 3 minutes later

Dear Sir, Could you in any way help with the following issue I have with yellow line extension.

I live in Ludsden Grove, Thame, which at the end of the road which is a cul-de-sac is Barley Hill School.

Some time ago , through Neighbourhood watch we as a group managed to get 20 mph signs erected and yellow lines painted with restrictive parking established.

I live on a corner of Ludsden Grove, and cars park opposite me on the corner, which makes it a safety hazard for Mums and children going to and from school each day.

I have spoken to our local police, who advised me to log an issue at the Town Hall in Thame.

I did this some time before Christmas and to date no one has contacted me.

I would appreciate if you could advise the bet way forward to get the matter investigated. Yours sincerely Marcus summerhayes

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Still open, via questionnaire, 18:10, Tue 18 February 2014

  • This was the response I received back:
    Thank you for the email below requesting the extension of the formal waiting restrictions (yellow lines) in Ludsden Grove, Thame.

    I am sure that you are aware of the financial difficulty of both local and national government. This means we have to make some difficult decisions to ensure the greatest benefit for all the residents of Oxfordshire, we therefore have to prioritise schemes against the personal injury accident history. I have checked the Oxfordshire County Council personal injury accident database for the last five year period and I can confirm that there have been no such accidents at this location, on this basis I regret that I am unable to progress your request for the extension of the formal waiting restrictions (yellow lines) at this time. Cars parking in either a dangerous position or in such a way as to prevent use of the footway should be reported to Thames Valley Police as these are offences under the Road Traffic Act 1988.
    Funny we csnt find money to fix our own problems but can find 11 billion pounds to send overseas?

    Posted anonymously at 18:10, Tue 18 February 2014

Provide an update

Please note that updates are not sent to the council. Your information will only be used in accordance with our privacy policy

Next: Tell us about you

or No personal details will be stored, and you will not receive updates about this report.

Your update

Tell us about you

Do you have a FixMyStreet password?