Reported anonymously at 15:04, Tue 30 April 2013
Sent to North East Lincolnshire Council less than a minute later
Following a robbery, alley gate around 90 Freeston Street will not open. Padlock is broken and will not open. Locking bar is bent and will not move. Access to the passageway is now impossible.
Still open, via questionnaire, 17:10, Thu 30 May 2013
1) Called council - Couldn't help me.
2) E-mailed council - They replied with a little information and gave me the name of someone at the police to E-mail.
3) E-mailed the police - They supplied as much information as possible, telling me that it is the local residents who are responsible for the gate. They also gave me the information for who was likely to have installed the gate.
4) E-mailed Hodson and Kauss - Local fencing/gates specialists. They have given me a quote - without the price of a new padlock.
5) Chased up H&K asking if they could fit a new padlock if one was supplied, answered that this was possible.
6) E-mailed Italian Locking Systems - The original lock was a CISA padlock, asked if they had anything similar - They are one of the UK's largest stockists of CISA locks. - Given a quote for a new padlock.
7) Currently discussing with residents to get the problem fixed.
Posted anonymously at 17:10, Thu 30 May 2013
Provide an update