Back to all reports

Road crossing request

Reported in the Road Traffic Signs and Road Markings category by Oxfordshire County Council at 15:30, Thu 3 September 2020 using FixMyStreet Pro

Sent to Oxfordshire County Council less than a minute later. Council ref: 2276994.

Crossing of park Road near the Queensway junction at school run times. Busy here in the mornings and afternoons. If possible consider putting a crossing in this area.

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for your enquiry. This issue has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 15:31, Thu 3 September 2020

  • Hi, my daughter has started school at Stephen Freemans and we live on Greenfinch Road on Great Western Park. To get to school we have to cross Sir Frank Williams Avenue by the 'best one' shop and the north Community Centre. The road is busy in general with a bend where you cant see cars until they've turned the bend and the cars do not stick to the 20mph limit, they go much faster and in the mornings it is even busier and a very difficult road to cross. The road is very unsafe for many children that need to cross this road to go to school and the park/play area near Stephen Freeman school The road really does need a safe crossing, whether it be a zebra crossing or a pelican crossing as there is a real risk of a future accident if nothing is done. I hope to hear back from you regarding this issue Kind Regards Miss Cottrell

    Posted anonymously at 10:47, Mon 14 September 2020

  • Thank you for your reports and please accept our apologies for the delay in response. We have made not of the location on Park Road by the Queensway Junction. However, we would note that the introduction of any type of crossing involves is both a long and costly process which starts from a proven need, through a process of suitable design to full public consultation and, if successful, the necessary traffic regulation order being made. This is before any practical works can be started. In the first instance (and if you haven’t already) it is worth speaking with the Town Council as they are best placed to firstly identify if this is a priority for their area and, if so, are able to both promote and secure the necessary funding for such a scheme to be taken forward.
    We hope this helps identify a means in which you are able to raise this matter for consideration.

    State changed to: No further action

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 08:56, Wednesday 24 March 2021

This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.