Hazardous & uneccesary work, ruined garden
Reported in the Complaint category anonymously at 11:54, Monday 22 June 2020 using FixMyStreet Pro
Sent to Hounslow Borough Council less than a minute later
I am writing to you on behalf of every leaseholder in the block.
Work began last week to replace paths inside our boundary wall. I am a leaseholder. The council is the freeholder.
1) I have lived here 10 years. Maybe 5 out of 100 paving stones were cracked, and could simply have been lifted and replaced. We were told by the workmen there was a 'trip hazard' which is why this work is being done(!)
2) None of the residents were given notice of this work, which sits within our property boundary (6 of the 9 flats are privately owned leasehold). There has been NO consultation. NO information issed prior or during to any residents. Even after the housing officer was contacted by a fellow resident and he said he had no knowlege of the works.
3) There has been poor safety throughout, wet concrete left uncovered outside residents' front doors. One of the residents is elderly and disabled, so this has meant she cannot leave her home.
4) Using industrial equipment, the diggers have churned the lawn turf, ridden over the flower beds and ruined the grass.
5) Old concrete paving stones are piled up, and the the ground IS NOT protected from gravel stones either, which means sharp debris is spilling throughout the lawn where both children and pets use this shared garden. Only small bits of ineffective ground cover have been used.
6) Concrete and sand piled up on lawn in far corner, again with no protection for existing turf.
7) Who will ensure that ALL the debris and small sharp rocks are removed?
8) Who is responsible for replacing the ruined turf?
9) The new paving is clearly NOT going to be level with the existing turf (which the paving stones WERE). This therefore creates a TRIP HAZARD which is supposed to be the whole point of this work.
Provide an update