Back to all reports

Large area of public walkway blocked by flood

Reported in the Flooding or standing water on road category anonymously at 08:43, Thu 18 June 2020

Sent to Warwickshire County Council less than a minute later

URGENT ATTENTION REQUIRED- Flood due to a blocked drain covering the public walkway towards the Solihull end of the Henley-In-Arden Guild Hall. We have repeatedly reported this problem over several years, and nothing seems to have been done about it. This is a danger to pedestrians as they're having to cross the busy Stratford Road to avoid it. Someone was nearly hit by a car this morning in trying to do so. Furthermore, the Guild Hall, built in 1448, and registered as a listed building has been flooded in the past, and is likely to do so again if this problem is not rectified.

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Warwickshire County Council has received your report which will be reviewed accordingly. There are no automatic updates to the status of this report - this is something we are working on as part of the improvements to fault reporting.

    Posted by County Highways at 17:09, Thu 18 June 2020

  • Dear Sir / Madam, You have now consistently failed to address this problem in-spite of the fact the Henley In Arden Guild Hall flooded in 2007 due to blocked drains. Unsurprisingly, the Guild Hall has now flooded once again. Hence I now intend to pursue a claim for damages and disruption of business against Warwickshire County Council. May I suggest that you send someone to rectify the problem and clear the drain outside of this premises immediately.

    Posted anonymously at 08:19, Mon 17 August 2020

Provide an update

Please note that updates are not sent to the council. Your information will only be used in accordance with our privacy policy

Next: Tell us about you

or No personal details will be stored, and you will not receive updates about this report.

Your update

Tell us about you

Do you have a FixMyStreet password?