Reported in the Roads/highways category anonymously at 20:54, Monday 14 October 2019 using FixMyStreet Pro
Sent to Oxfordshire County Council 1 minute later. Council ref: 1805058.
1) The pavements on both sides of Bicester Road are very narrow despite there being a very wide grass verge on either side.
2) The road leads to Edward Feild school. It is therefore very busy in the mornings and afternoons.
3) The cycle lane is blocked by cars so cyclists use the already narrow pavement
4) Parked cars make this already narrow road, even narrower, and it is used by buses and lorries. I have seen a child hit by the wing mirror of a van as it was so close to the kerb when passing pedestrians.
5) I raised this issue earlier today and the reply I received was that it was a parking problem. This is not the case. It is a poorly designed road that should be altered to encourage children and parents to walk, scoot or cycle to school.
Provide an update