FixMyStreet technical support

Does this report break our House Rules? Use this form to let us know.

If you are trying to make a new report, please go to the front page and follow the instructions.

Grass Cuttings

Reported anonymously at 15:53, Thu 10 June 2010

Dear Sirs, I have attempted this week to inform the relevant authorities about some grass tipping that has been going on for some years. This I have attempted to do as I personally have paid for the Brown Bin since it came into operation, and feel that there is no reason now the Gentleman! at the household at No 4 Towersey Road, Thame could not do the same. I was attempting to enable simply an advisory letter sent to the relevant address from the required authorities to perhaps make the Gentleman aware that his actions have been noted, and perhaps the action of simply sending out an official letter would produce the desired result without having to action any further warnings or even prosecution. However having noted the information contained in the “Community Safety Newsletter“. I firstly rang the Councils Environmental Health number 01491 823000. I was then referred to Verdant on 03000 610 610 and was advised that it was not that number but referred to Verdant on 03000 823 416. Having rung that number I was told that the people I should speak to “guess what” should be the Environmental Health number 01491 823000. You can imagine by this time I was getting a little fed up, as it was appearing to me that to attempt to be a caring community citizen was becoming a waste of time. I again explained to the telephone receptionist who I had previously spoken to, that I was going round in circles. I asked if she could supply me with a contact name of someone who in fact would deal with this matter. She was unable to supply me with a name, and stated that someone would ring me back. To date this has not happened. I am now sending this information in the hope some action will be carried out, and perhaps confirm by e-mail to me that perhaps that simply a letter has been sent and from whom to enable us to know that action has been carried out and then we are aware if the Gentleman continues to throw his grass cuttings in the hedgerow / ditch of Lord Williams Lower School East sports field he has ignored sent advice. If the location is visited you will see opposite the house evidence of the dumped grass cuttings. If possible please advise the number or person I should be contacting in these sort of situations. I await a reply with interest.



Don't like forms?

You can contact technical support on

FixMyStreet is a service provided by mySociety, which is a registered charity, charity number 1076346.

If you wish to contact us by post, our address is

mySociety, 483 Green Lanes, London, N13 4BS, UK.

Go Pro

Integrate FixMyStreet Pro with your council system for smooth, end-to-end report fulfilment.

How much could you save?

Learn more about Pro

Free statistics for councils

Explore detailed stats on the FixMyStreet councils dashboard — for free.

What do people report most? How’s your response rate? And how do you compare to other UK councils?

Log in now